Retail Enhancement Association is the trade association for South Africa's point of purchase, shopper marketing and in-store industry. We provide information, services and products to our member organizations and other industry professionals.
For the purpose of this document ‘we’ or ‘us’ shall refer to Retail Enhancement Association.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use your personal information in accordance with the policy as set out below.
This policy is effective from 15 March 2023.
How we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information orally, by telephone, in writing, by email and by online applications for our services and products.
What personal information we hold about you
1. Contact details:
- Name and job title.
- Business contact details including e-mail address, postal address and telephone number
Please note, we will only hold personal contact details if you have chosen to provide them to us in preference to your business details.
2. Your business interactions with Retail Enhancement Association's, including:
- Website access
- Downloading of documents from our website
- Awards entries
How we use your personal information
We use your contact details to:
- Enable specified staff at Retail Enhancement Association to access our website.
- Administer services and products provided by us, such as: events, Awards entries
We use your interaction history to help us understand what information and which products and services you find most useful, so we can develop and improve these for our members.
Sharing your information
We provide a third party mailing house with individuals’ preferred (business or personal) postal addresses for the purposes of sending quarterly publications to specific staff at Retail Enhancement Association.
We do not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any other third parties unless we have your permission or are required to by law.
Automated decision making
We do not make decisions which might significantly affect you without human intervention.
Retention of personal information
We keep your personal information until we believe our relationship with you has come to an end. In the event there is no longer a requirement to keep your data, for example you cease to be contact at Retail Enhancement Association's or you no longer work within the industry, we will delete your personal information.
Grounds for processing
To process your data lawfully we rely on our legitimate interests as a business (except where your interests or fundamental rights override these). For example, it is within our legitimate interests to use your data to:
- Administer your organisation’s membership of Retail Enhancement Association.
- Administer your use of our services and products, irrespective of whether you are an employee of Retail Enhancement Association or not.
- Send you information and direct marketing material, irrespective of whether you are an employee of Retail Enhancement Association or not
How we store your information
We store your information using our internal customer relationship management database.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Websites use
cookies to help users navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. Cookies that are required for
the website to operate properly are allowed to be set without your permission. All other cookies need
to be approved before they can be set in the browser.
- Strictly necessary cookies. Strictly necessary cookies allow core website functionality such as
user login and account management. The website cannot be used properly without strictly necessary cookies.
- Performance cookies. Performance cookies are used to see how visitors use the website, eg.
analytics cookies. Those cookies cannot be used to directly identify a certain visitor.
- Targeting cookies. Targeting cookies are used to identify visitors between different websites, eg. content partners, banner networks. Those cookies may be used by companies to build a profile
of visitor interests or show relevant ads on other websites.
- Functionality cookies. Functionality cookies are used to remember visitor information on the
website, eg. language, timezone, enhanced content.
- Unclassified cookies. Unclassified cookies are cookies that do not belong to any other category
or are in the process of categorization.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You can request to see information held by Retail Enhancement Association , ask for it to be corrected or supplemented, or request that it be deleted, at any time.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the address below or email email@example.com. An administration fee may will be payable.
You may be required to submit a proof of your identity.
If you have previously agreed to Retail Enhancement Association processing your personal information but have changed your mind, or you wish to raise a complaint about how your data has been handled, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.